Design Architect/Senior Designer
RGB architects in Providence, RI is looking for enthusiastic and energetic architects for new and rehabilitation projects.
Successful candidates must have the following skill sets; 8-15 minimum years of experience in designing, documenting and administering construction on various types of projects including hospitals, mixed use, office, residence halls, public safety, and apartment facilities of $2-$40 million in construction costs, ability to conduct team meetings with consulting engineers, be well versed in SD, DD, CD, and CA phases of design. Knowledge of energy and building codes, excellent management and communications skills, and be proficient in AutoCAD, Revit a plus. RGB is an affirmative action/EEO employer. Please email resumes, including portfolio examples to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
RGB architects in Providence, RI is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic architect for new and rehabilitation projects.
Successful candidate must have the following skill sets; registered to practice in RI & MA, 8-15 minimum years of experience in designing, documenting and administering construction on facilities of $2-$30 million in construction costs, ability to conduct team meetings with consulting engineers, be well versed in SD, DD, CD, and CA phases of design. Knowledge of energy and building codes, excellent management and communications skills, and be proficient in Auto Cad, Revit a plus. RGB is an affirmative action/EEO employer. Please email resumes, including portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.
Intern Architect/Job Captain
RGB architects in Providence, RI is looking for individuals that are looking to work on a wide variety of commercial, retail, multi-residential, and academic projects. Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree of Architecture with 5 years of experience after graduation as well as being proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, and Sketch-Up. Duties would include field measuring and documentation of existing conditions, developing documents for schematic design through construction documents phase. Review shop drawings and perform on-site observations during construction. RGB is an affirmative action/EEO employer. Please email resumes, including portfolio examples to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
Business Development Director
RGB architects is a 70 year old multi-disciplinary firm with its corporate headquarters in Providence, Rhode Island. We have an opportunity for a Business Development Director, focusing on Hospitals, Senior Living, and Massachusetts public projects to support our Taunton, MA and Providence, RI offices. We are seeking a proven producer in the Architectural industry with experience in developing and maintaining client relationships. This positive, energetic individual will represent RGB in the community by building and maintaining relationships and developing business opportunities. This enthusiastic self-starter will report directly to the Principals and oversee the Marketing Manager and other Practice Leaders to organize, plan, schedule and manage the business development efforts.
- Identifies future project opportunities with primary focus on assigned areas noted above. Works closely with management, firm leaders and practice groups to coordinate efforts.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, and/or maintaining client contacts with key prospects and within key areas of specialty. Seeks opportunities to strengthen client relationships and develops applicable sales strategy.
- Attends professional meetings and industry organizations to network, expand relationships, and identify opportunities.
- Conducts market research and gathers information on potential clients and projects.
- Assists firm leaders with creating strategic alliances (professional design firms, contractors, developers, etc.) to better position the firm for success in achieving targets.
- Sets up and attends meetings, and/or makes introductions for appropriate firm leaders to meet with key clients and decision makers in advance of an RFP/RFQ. Organize meetings with appropriate frequency in order to nurture those relationships so as to put firm in the most advantageous position prior to the RFP/RFQ process.
- Participates in go/no-go project-specific strategy meetings.
- Attends pre-proposal conferences and participates in the development of proposal strategy. In collaboration with firm leaders, identifies prospective clients' goals and preferences for the selection of internal team members and consultants in order to devise the best approach for the pursuit.
- Assists with insight and creativity to organize interview preparation sessions and critiques practice interviews to maximize potential for success.
- Become proficient in recounting the Firm Story - both local and firm wide, particularly as it relates to selected markets. Know firm's key projects to be able to speak knowledgeably of the firm's capabilities and advantages.
- Be actively involved in several professional and civic organizations and other industry associations to promote RGB's recognition.
- Attend conferences and exhibitions to promote RGB's recognition.
- Assists in the development and implementation of business development plans for the Taunton and Providence offices. Modifies plans based upon current business climate within the practice group.
- Gathers intelligence on competitors to improve our competitive edge.
- Updates and maintains lead tracking database with relevant information on targeted clients, contacts and opportunities and reviews it weekly with studio leaders.
- Coordinates business development efforts between multiple offices on national initiatives.
- Facilitates relationship-building activities and assists with the development of RGB's staff to improve client relationship management skill sets.
- The ideal candidate will be a gregarious, strategic, high energy, and motivated team player with the ability to think intuitively.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the architectural industry, with at least 5 years of experience in a professional services marketing and/or business development role.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Architecture or Engineering.
- Proficiency in commonly used business applications and relational databases (Deltek/GenTrak, Access).
- Proven experience in actively approaching different organizations to build rapport and enhance network of business relationships. Experience in making cold calls for business development purposes.
- Proven ability to establish credibility and build relationships with key members of other organizations. Effectively interacts at senior management level of prospect clients.
- Excellent management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present complex issues/data with high level of clarity and impact.
- Highly organized, resourceful and persistent.
- Resourceful and creative in challenging situations. Ability to solve problems and work independently.
RGB offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(K) and tuition reimbursement. We offer three weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment and eight paid holidays. Please submit resume, salary requirements and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.